DOUTORES DO ENDURO
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Enduro bike test EWC 2010

2 participantes

Ir para baixo

Enduro bike test EWC 2010 Empty Enduro bike test EWC 2010

Mensagem  tmits Sex Nov 12, 2010 12:58 pm

The test took place in Noiretable, France the site of final round of the 2010 championship. The organizers were able to utilize a nearby field that was also used as the practice track before the enduro. This was a very slippery and rutted grass track that featured rights, lefts and off camber corners. It had some elevation changes as well as a couple of long straight aways.

Enduro bike test EWC 2010 97939350

First up was the number 3 Factory Husaberg 450 FE of Swede Joakim Ljunggren. If you haven’t had the chance to ride a new Husaberg, they handle great and turn incredibly. Joakim’s factory Husaberg was no exception. It was a very stable machine as well and had an incredible bottom end power that carried well into the middle. It had me sliding off the back of the seat coming out of the corners. The handlebar was a low flat bar that also helped with cornering. The 25 year old 200 pound Swede runs his forks extremely stiff and his shock to match with a lot of rebound as well. An incredible Brembo front brake helped slow this missile down.

Enduro bike test EWC 2010 64083247

Enduro bike test EWC 2010 80222265

Next up was the number 22 Factory KTM 250 EXC of Italian Thomas Oldrati. This bike interested me because I had always wondered whether it was closer to a 250 SX or a 250 XC. It is very similar to a 250 XC but with more compression and more power. It had the best 3rd gear roll on I have ever seen on a 250 two stroke. The bike felt like it pulled forever with an incredible amount of over rev. This was a very user friendly motor. The e-start is removed and the rider compartment was nice and roomy. The suspension was very similar to the factory Husaberg, lots of compression and lots of rebound.

Enduro bike test EWC 2010 50472188

Enduro bike test EWC 2010 46774178

The Spanish Oriol Pons Yamaha team provided Spaniard Cristobal Guerrero’s number 96 Yamaha WR 250F. In the first minute of riding this bike I felt totally comfortable. The Pons team had thrown a ton of trick parts, inside and out to improve performance over stock. This WR 250 has a taller YZ 1st gear with WR 2nd thru 5th. It has a modified head and camshaft with a full titanium Akrapovic exhaust and lightened WR flywheel. The motor was very strong for a 250, it almost felt like a 300. The motor has great bottom to mid and it revved forever. The suspension was excellent too. It was very plush but stayed up high and didn’t blow thru the stroke. The oversize front rotor had the brakes performing tremendously. It is a neutral feeling bike that is very user friendly.

Enduro bike test EWC 2010 69882948

Enduro bike test EWC 2010 79209079

In the next slot was the number 11 Factory KTM 250 EXC-F of the Frenchman Johnny Aubert. Johnny is a 2 time World Enduro Champ and former US Supercross rider. This is a much anticipated bike to ride and it didn’t disappoint. This bike was a runner. It was the fastest 250 F I have ever ridden, by far. It’s a very aggressive and powerful motor that had very little engine braking and very little flywheel effect. The electric start was still in place for easy starting. The fork was similar to the other WP equipped bikes I had tested so far. The shock felt really nice on this bike and allowed it to hook up nicely out of the slick corners. The Brembo brakes were of course, incredible and Johnny ran his front brake lever very close the bar. He had a step seat and similar handlebar to Oldrati and Ljunggren.

Enduro bike test EWC 2010 75638890

Enduro bike test EWC 2010 71550196

I rode the two HM Hondas back to back. I started with the number 21 Jolly Racing HM Honda CRE-F250R of Italian Fabio Mossini. Fabio’s bike starts off as the fuel injected CRF250 so it lacks electric start but it starts very easily with the fuel mapping totally dialed in. The bottom end power is a bit docile but wakes up with a stab of the hydraulic clutch and then it rips into the midrange and beyond. It wants to be ridden like a 125, which I really like. The harder you ride it the faster it goes. The motor felt like a stock CRF without additional flywheel weight. It has a quiet exhaust note with the Leo Vince system on it. It has great ergos and excellent fit and finish that are typical of a Honda. The suspension action was plush but rode a little low in the rear. This may have been because Fabio runs his bars further back than any of the other bikes I tested which in turn put me further back on the bike. The handling was quick and precise.

Enduro bike test EWC 2010 56013857

Enduro bike test EWC 2010 97244851

Probably the bike I was most excited to ride was the number 14 Jolly Racing HM Honda CRE-F450R of Finn Mika Ahola. That’s right the fuel injected motocross version! The bike fired first kick and away I went. As I accelerated I was impressed with how the bike delivered its power. It didn’t have that arm stretching low end torque that most motocross 450’s are famous for. It was a bit smoother off the bottom but still had plenty to get the job done. It reminded me of a 2 stroke with a nice midrange surge. It handled and turned so well I thought I was still on the 250. All you had to do was think about it and the bike would go there. It was quick steering but not jittery and held its line perfectly. It was as precise as a heart surgeon’s scalpel. This bike felt considerably lighter than any 450 enduro bike I have ever ridden. The bike had well balanced suspension that wasn’t too firm or too soft and stayed up high in the stroke. This bike had me riding thru turns, ruts etc. faster than my skills usually allow me to without even scaring myself. The 450 Honda never stalled either thanks to a Rekluse core EXP anti stall clutch.

Enduro bike test EWC 2010 94474568

Enduro bike test EWC 2010 86728492

The number 2 Factory CH Racing Husqvarna TE 250 of E1 World Champion Frenchman Antoine Meo was the next to be flogged. This was also an intriguing bike. Meo is one of the most exciting riders to watch in the EWC. I wondered if it would make me exciting to watch. I also wondered if I would like this very European machine. It had an e start and fired up instantly. I immediately got comfortable and felt confident on this bike. It had a strong motor from bottom to top with a nice flywheel effect. This made it feel like more of a woods bike. The motor had tremendous torque and could pull a gear high and get maximum traction coming out of the corners. The titanium Leo Vince system put a nice sounding and quiet exhaust note. It is a well balanced and neutral handling machine which helps it turn on a dime. The suspension was also excellent and dialed into the French landscape.

Enduro bike test EWC 2010 32981406

Enduro bike test EWC 2010 21426932

Last but not least was the behemoth of the test. It is the number 14 Factory supported KTM 530 EXC of Brit David Knight. I pushed the button and away I went. Trees and landmarks came and went as I accelerated down the straightaway like I was on a Moto GP bike. It felt like 530’s I have ridden before only way more ponies under the hood. In the Super test on Friday it looked as if “Knighters” bike was set up better than anyone else’s. He could hit an 8” log at full speed and the bike stayed straight and true. When I rode this bike I felt like it was set up for me. But Knight outweighs me by probably 50 pounds. So he likes suspension on the soft side as we have all heard about. It suspension was more plush than anything else with WP that I rode on this day. David likes his clutch lever to engage about an inch from the bar. He runs his front brake lever close to parallel with the ground which is a bit higher than his clutch lever. He has a tall firm seat and 996 Renthal twin walls that are in line with the forks. All in all it wasn’t much of a beast and turned out to be user friendly and easy to ride.

Enduro bike test EWC 2010 61435930

This was an incredible experience to test some of the top bikes of the EWC back to back. All of these bikes were amazing in their own way. Part of what makes the bikes so good is how good the riders are. They are aware of exactly what the bike is doing and that allows them to get their bikes dialed in perfectly. This enables them to ride the way they do. They are highly tuned athletes on highly tuned machines.

More photos

http://picasaweb.google.com/offroadchampions/TestEwcBikesHusabergLjunggren#

http://picasaweb.google.com/offroadchampions/TestEwcBikesKTMOldrati2502Stroke#

http://picasaweb.google.com/offroadchampions/TestEwcBikesYamahaGuerrero250WR#

http://picasaweb.google.com/offroadchampions/TestEwcBikesKTMAubert250EXCF#

http://picasaweb.google.com/offroadchampions/TestEwcBikesHondaHMMossini250F#

http://picasaweb.google.com/offroadchampions/TestEwcBikesHondaHMAhola450F#

http://picasaweb.google.com/offroadchampions/TestEwcBikesHusqvarna250TE#

http://picasaweb.google.com/offroadchampions/TestEwcBikesKTMKnight530EXC#
tmits
tmits

Mota actual : KTM EXC 250